Physical activity is an important part of a healthy, balanced lifestyle. It is recommended that adults take a minimum of 150 minutes of moderate physical activity per week, which can be broken into bouts of 10 minutes or more. Moderate physical activity is anything that raises your heart rate and breathing; it can include day to day activities such as brisk walking and riding a bike.
Exercise has many health benefits such as reducing your risk of heart disease and diabetes, boosting your self esteem and reducing symptoms of depression and anxiety. It also helps us to maintain a healthy weight. If we eat more calories than we use, we will gain weight.
Hover your mouse over the product names below to see how you can burn off your favourite snacks:*
* Energy expenditure calculated based on a 60kg adult. All products are based on one biscuit/slice/pack
Milk Chocolate Digestive
Milk Chocolate Hobnob
Penguin Biscuit Bar
Iced Gems (25g)
Penguin Mini Rolls
Mini Cheddars Original (25g)
Oddities Salt & Vinegar Flavour (25g)
There are lots of ways to stay active, even a small change to your daily habits could improve your lifestyle!
Here’s some of our top tips for increasing your physical activity:
- Get off the bus one stop early and walk the rest of your journey
- Take the stairs instead of the lift
- Make shorter journeys on foot or cycle
- Take a walk round the block on your lunch break
- Buddy up – find a friend or family member to exercise with
- Make it fun – choose something you enjoy and it’ll be easier to stick to
- Join a club – find a local club and try something new
- Family time – get outdoors and active with the kids
- Chores – work up a sweat with the housework and get the family involved
Find out more about the health benefits of regular exercise:
Getting physical shouldn’t have to cost an arm and a leg! Follow the link for some tips on getting fit for free: