McVitie’s and Jacob’s get wrapped up and ready for Christmas
Gifting, sharing and socialising are key to festive retail success as McVitie’s and Jacob’s announce Christmas 2016 range
9 September 2016: pladis, formerly known as United Biscuits, a global biscuit and confectionery company, cements its position as the number one for must-stock snacks at Christmas this year. This year’s range of enticing NPD, new festive packaging and returning festive favourites from McVitie’s and Jacob’s will play a vital role for retailers looking to capitalise on the Christmas period. The range of products are perfect for sharing with friends, gifting or an ideal stocking filler.
A summary of the 2016 Christmas Range:
|NEW FOR CHRISTMAS 2016||GETTING A
SOME RETURNING FAVOURITES
|McVitie’s Victoria Collection (200g)
McVitie’s Snowglobe Tin (400g)
McVitie’s Digestives Nibbles Crackers (74g)
McVitie’s Digestives Nibbles Sharing Box (200g)
McVitie’s Gold Bullion Tin (264g)
Jacob’s Festive Snackbites Pigs in Blankets (190g)
Jacob’s Caddies (190g)
Jacob’s Christmas Crackers (450g)
|McVitie’s Family Circle (360g / 720g)McVitie’s Victoria (650g)
McVitie’s Victoria (300g)
McVitie’s Victoria (100g)
McVitie’s Jaffa Pole (600g)
Carr’s Assortment (200g / 500g)
Jacob’s Savoury Favourites (200g)
Jacob’s Savours (250g)
Must Stock Brand
|2015 RSV (MAT)|
|Premium Assortments||£60.2m||No.1 – McVitie’s Victoria||£14m|
|Everyday Assortments||£16.4m||No.1 – McVitie’s Family Circle||£9m|
|Other Sweet (Seasonal)||£16.5m||No.1 – McVitie’s Jaffa Pole||£2.3m|
|Savoury Biscuit Assortments||£22.3m
|No.1 – Jacob’s Biscuits for Cheese Selection||£13.9m|
NEW FOR CHRISTMAS 2016
McVitie’s Victoria Collection – brand new for this season, McVitie’s is extending its premium range with a luxurious festive addition. Perfect for gifting, McVitie’s Victoria Collection offers a selection of delicious fully coated chocolate biscuits wrapped in foil and presented in a glitteringly festive triangular box. The new 200g pack (RISP £6.00) and its unique format differentiates it from other gifting boxes, ensuring it has maximum stand out on shelf.
McVitie’s Snow globe Tin – drawing on the strength of shortbread, the overall winner of the Christmas sector in 2015 up 14%, McVitie’s is launching a scrumptiously crumbly Scottish all-butter shortbread coupled with a strong seasonal design in an eye-catching new McVitie’s Snowglobe Tin. The new 400g tin (RISP £10.00) has its very own 3D traditional Christmas snow globe scene on the front, complete with shakeable snow, delivering high impact on shelf.
McVitie’s Digestives Nibbles Crackers and Sharing Box – following the successful launch of McVitie’s Digestives Nibbles earlier this year, with latest RSV for the brand at £7.4m, new for this Christmas is McVitie’s Digestives Nibbles Crackers and McVitie’s Digestives Nibbles Sharing Box. Perfect as a stocking filler, McVitie’s Digestives Nibbles Crackers (RISP £1.50, 74g) offer two impulse bags full of Milk Chocolate Nibbles, giving consumers something they will love in a fun gifting format. The 2016 Christmas range will also offer a McVitie’s Digestives Nibbles Sharing Box with 200g of Milk Chocolate Nibbles inside (RISP £3.00), sure to bring chocolately cheer to the household this year.
McVitie’s Gold Bullion Tin – calling all McVitie’s Gold Bar lovers! This new McVitie’s Gold Bullion Tin taps into the increasing presence of Novelty Gifting Tins in the Christmas market and offers individually wrapped Gold Bars inside at a RISP of £6.00. Its quirky design makes the product fun, appealing and impactful on shelf adding value back into the Sweet Biscuits Christmas category. The added value of a keepsake metallic tin will also attract consumers.
Jacob’s Festive SnackBites Pigs in Blankets – as shoppers endeavour to look for time-filling snacks at Christmas and with Caddies serving this purpose perfectly, Jacob’s has introduced new Jacob’s Festive SnackBites (RISP £3.49, 190g). Available in seasonal shapes in a Pigs in Blankets flavour, this new product follows a successful launch of seasonal flavoured savoury biscuits last year. This latest NPD joins the popular Jacob’s Caddies range – currently worth £10.2m – up 7% YoY last year, which are returning by popular demand with a new festive twist for 2016 to keep the range fresh and exciting for shoppers. The new packaging, which features a Polar Bear design for Jacob’s Treeslets, a Father Christmas for Jacob’s Twiglets and a Christmas Tree for Jacob’s Cheesonal Mini Cheddars, enable the product to stand out on shelf.
- McVitie’s Family Circle – the number 1 everyday assortment brand in seasonal now worth £9.3 million RSV returns for another year giving shoppers an everyday selection of biscuits to share with all the family over the Christmas period. Available in 360g (RISP £3.00) and a 720g format (RISP £6.00)
- McVitie’s Victoria – the No.1 Premium Assortment will be returning for another year alongside the popular 100g pack at a new RISP price of £1.00, the 650g box with revamped packaging and the 300g pack, suitable for a range of shoppers and channels
- McVitie’s Jaffa Pole – the iconic McVitie’s Jaffa Pole will be hitting stores again this year and remains the biggest novelty SKU at Christmas being bought by 1 in 3 households. The unique product is a key player in this space with a newly designed skipper giving it greater impact in store
- Jacob’s Tin – the Jacob’s Tin returns this Christmas (800g, RISP £7.00), containing four of our brands which can be re-purchased: four 200g roll wraps (2 x Jacob’s Cream Crackers, 1 x Cracked Blacked Pepper and 1 x Choice Grain). The tin can also continue to be used in home post the Christmas period
- Jacob’s Savoury Favourites – with four different types of popular tasty biscuits including Mini Cheddars, TUC and classic favourites from Jacob’s, this 200g assortment is great for snacking (RISP £2.19)
- Jacob’s Savours Assortment – a 250g range of flavoured crackers (RISP £4.29) in Sour Cream & Chive Thins, Salt & Cracked Black Pepper Bakes, Sweet Chilli Thins, and Cheese
- Jacob’s Selection and Jacob’s Christmas Crackers – with 1 in 4 households purchasing a Jacob’s seasonal product at Christmas, Jacob’s has revamped the packaging of its popular Jacob’s Selection and Jacob’s Christmas Crackers to add a little festive magic
- Carr’s Assortment – the No.1 premium savoury biscuit brand returns in its 500g Christmas box format (RISP £7.50) and the all year round 200g assortment (RISP £2.79)
INCREMENTAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES:
Already a firm favourite with consumers, fans will this year have the opportunity to gift and receive a personalised box of McVitie’s Victoria, featuring their own name, or those of their friends and family, through the online McVitie’s Sweeet™ Shop: https://my.mcvities.co.uk/
For further press information contact the team at 3 Monkeys Zeno
Tel: 020 7009 3100
pladis is a global biscuit and confectionery company with operations in 120 countries across Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Americas. With annual revenues of US$5.2 billion, pladis has 36 factories in 13 countries and employs 26,000. The company is owned by Yildiz Holding, the largest food company in CEEMEA, and combines three centuries of baking and confectionery expertise by bringing together its iconic Godiva, McVitie’s and Ulker brands.
With a commitment to ‘promise happiness to the world with every bite’, the company delights consumers with products in sweet and savoury biscuits, wafer, cake, chocolate, gum and candy categories.
 Nielsen w/e 13.08.2016