United Biscuits Group Logistics secures CILT Excellence in Safety Award for the second consecutive year
United Biscuits (UB), a leading international manufacturer of biscuits and cakes, was a big winner in this year’s Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) Annual Awards for Excellence. UB Group Logistics was victorious in the Safety category for the second year running.
The judges of the award recognised the tremendous progress the UB team has made by embedding a behavioural safety programme. They also remarked on UB’s excellent safety record, and the work the team has done with external organisations in benchmarking and sharing best practice. This has positioned UB at the forefront of safety sustainability and best practice for the logistics industry; particularly in its warehouse and transport operations.
This has also been reflected in the other awards the team has won including the British Safety Council’s International Safety Award for eight consecutive years, as well as four Sword of Honour and two Globes of Honour.
Mike Howells Head of Operations, UB commented, “My thanks go to all concerned within the Group Logistics function, in particular the sites’ warehouse and transport operations, for their focus and drive. Two consecutive years makes this award special as it demonstrates continuous improvement, real commitment and ongoing energy”.
For further information:
Contact the team at 3 Monkeys Communications
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7009 3100 / Email: UnitedBiscuitsCorp@3-monkeys.co.uk
Notes to editors:
1. The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport has Her Majesty the Queen as its patron and is a professional body representing the transport and logistics industries.
2. About United Biscuits:
- UB is the leading manufacturer and marketer of biscuits in the UK and second largest in the Netherlands, France, Belgium and Ireland.
- UB manufactures and markets a wide range of products in the UK and Continental Europe that are household names in their respective markets. Branded products accounted for approaching 90% of sales in 2012.
- Among UB’s popular brand names are McVitie’s, Penguin, go ahead!, McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes, Jacob’s, Jacob’s Cream Crackers, Twiglets, Mini Cheddars and Carr’s in the UK, and BN, Delacre, Verkade and Sultana in Continental Europe.
- UB’s branded biscuits were purchased by 90% of UK households in 2012.
- UB owns and operates 12 manufacturing facilities of which seven are in the UK.