United Biscuits encourages UK depots to Snack Happy
United Biscuits (UB), the leading manufacturer of biscuits and cakes, has this week launched its second in-depot activation, this time designed to increase growth in the savoury category by driving distribution of its core lines in the convenience and impulse channels.
The ‘Snack Happy’ tour will see UB visit 22 depots across the UK throughout October. Two dedicated Jacob’s ambassadors will be on hand to offer retailers advice on how to boost their biscuits’ sales using UB’s Five-Step ‘Better Biscuits, Better Business’ plan. Supporting the manufacturer’s £22m masterbrand strategy, the tour will follow the look and feel of the Jacob’s ‘Snack Happy’ through-the-line campaign, brought to life through three weeks of high impact activity this month.
On entering the depots, retailers will be met by unmissable front displays highlighting deals on offer and products available as well as a range of display solutions that can be taken away by retailers on the day. As part of the activity, UB will also be offering retailers that take advantage of the deals on offer, the chance to win a £100 pre-loaded fuel card with one to be won in each depot on the tour.
Hena Chandarana, Trade Communications Controller commented: “We believe there is a huge sales opportunity for biscuits in the Impulse trade with an £18m RSV opportunity still to be unlocked in the Convenience sector. However, manufacturers have a job to do in order to help retailers decide which products they need to stock to achieve this.
“Following the launch of our Masterbrand strategy, we’ve fundamentally shifted our strategy and are continuing to make investments into the category and Convenience channel to support retailers. We recently made all core biscuit ranges including Jacob’s Cream Crackers available in cases of 12 rather than 15. With a reduced financial outlay equating to a 20 per cent reduction in entry price, retailers are now able to take better control of their stock and take full advantage of the sales on offer from the Biscuit category.”
The ‘Snack Happy’ tour is UB’s second depot initiative, forming part of the business’s dedicated focus on the convenience channel. This follows other key investments including the introduction of a new £4m dedicated field sales team. Earlier this year UB introduced McVitie’s vans, wrapped in Sweeet™ livery featuring a collection of kittens, puppies and tarsiers. The company travelled to 40 depots across the country offering retailers simple steps to improve their biscuit sales.
For further information on UB’s Five-Step ‘Better Biscuits, Better Business’ plan, retailers can visit www.betterbiscuits.com for advice and testimonials on how to grow their biscuit sales.
For further information:
Contact the United Biscuits trade team at 3 Monkeys
Tel: 020 7009 3100 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
Contact 3 Monkeys for ‘Snack Happy’ Depot Tour Schedule
About United Biscuits (UB):
- United Biscuits is the leading manufacturer and marketer of biscuits in the UK and second largest in the Netherlands, France, Belgium and Ireland.
- United Biscuits manufacturers and markets a wide range of products in the UK and Continental Europe that are household names in their respective markets.
- United Biscuits owns and operates 12 manufacturing facilities of which seven are in the UK.
- United Biscuits’ branded biscuits were purchased by 95% of UK households in 2013.
- Among United Biscuits’ popular brand names are McVitie’s, Jacob’s and go ahead! which include a wide variety of sweet, savoury and healthier biscuits that cover all snacking occasions.
- At over 180 years old, McVitie’s is among the best known brands in the UK and is bought by four out of five households.