Rebecca Salt appointed to lead UB global communication
United Biscuits (UB), a global manufacturer of snacks, biscuits and cakes, is pleased to announce the appointment of Rebecca Salt to the newly created role of Chief Communications Adviser.
Reporting to United Biscuits CEO Martin Glenn, the role includes responsibility for the Group’s global external and internal communications activities.
“We are absolutely delighted that Rebecca has joined our executive leadership team at this critical point in our growth plans for the business,” commented Martin Glenn, CEO United Biscuits. ”Communications will play a core role in supporting the business as we reinvigorate the biscuit market both at home and abroad.”
“She has an excellent track record of transforming and leading communications functions for large international businesses, and brings a wealth of experience across stakeholder engagement, corporate reputation and issues management.”
Prior to joining United Biscuits Rebecca Salt was Group Communications Director at FTSE 250 construction firm Balfour Beatty.
For further information:
Contact Ben Jenkins or Olivia Hughes 3 Monkeys Communications
Phone: 0208 234 5702 / Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editors:
About United Biscuits
- United Biscuits is the leading manufacturer and marketer of biscuits in the UK and second largest in the Netherlands, France, Belgium and Ireland
- United Biscuits manufacturers and markets a wide range of products in the UK and Continental Europe that are household names in their respective markets
- United Biscuits owns and operates 12 manufacturing facilities of which 7 are in the UK
- United Biscuits’ branded biscuits were purchased by 95% of UK households in 2013
- Among United Biscuits’ popular brand names are McVitie’s, Jacob’s and go ahead! which include a wide variety of sweet, savoury and healthier biscuits that cover all snacking occasions
- At over 180 years old, McVitie’s is among the best known brands in the UK and is bought by four out of five households